On November 15, Ali and Joe Torre hosted our 16th Annual Gala at Cipriani 25 Broadway. This incredible evening included emcee Michael Kay, a panel of baseball experts who celebrated the 20 year anniversary of the World Series Champion Yankees, and honoree Gina Boswell (President of Customer Development at Unilever).
At this year’s event, we raised more than $1.2 million to support Safe At Home’s crucial efforts providing trauma prevention and counseling services to children across the country.
We’d like to extend our thanks to our Committee Co-Chairs Joel Holsinger and Gerry Polizzi, as well as our Committee Members Michael Ball, Frank Longobardi, Darrell and Beth Rigel, Steve Petersen, Howard Smith, and Peter E. Williams, Jr. Finally, we’d like to express our gratitude to our celebrities for making the event so memorable: Dominic Chianese, Dann Florek, John Franco, Tony La Russa, Tino Martinez, Mike Massimino, Michael Kay, Lesley Visser, and Todd Zeile – and, of course, our very own Joe Torre.
To get a peek at the festivities, check out some snapshots on our Facebook page.
A special thanks to the individuals, foundations, and corporations who supported our event.
We also had some wonderful press coverage connected to the event:
- MLB.com, Torre hosts Safe at Home Gala
- MLB.com, Torre’s charity event salutes 1998 Yankees
- MLB.com, Torre on success of 1998 Yanks
- SNY, Joe Torre brushes off Manny Machado’s lack-of-hustle buzz: ‘I didn’t read any of that’
- SNY, John Franco: ‘I’m sure’ Mets will ink Jacob deGrom to long-term deal
- Newsday, Will Andy Pettitte make the Hall of Fame at some point?