Stress is the body’s physical, mental, and emotional reaction to any major event that requires an adjustment or response. It’s a normal part of life – but unfortunately is one that is exacerbated during times of crisis, like the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Safe At Home’s program team is excited to share with you a set of Stressbuster suggestions to encourage you to work through and overcome your stress at this difficult time.
- Explore together! There are many virtual experiences available online to discover.
- Notice, acknowledge, and honor what has changed for your family.
- Take the time to grieve what was lost.
- Check in with other family members and friends. Build your family’s support system despite physical distance.
- Create new family traditions! Take the opportunity to explore and adopt new routines and rituals as a family.
- Safety plan as a family. If someone gets sick or needs help, make sure everyone knows who to turn to for help.
- Respect each other’s boundaries. Everyone needs a little alone time, it’s okay to ask for space for yourself.
- Have compassion – everyone is doing the best they can!
Looking for more resources? Visit our COVID-19 resources page for more support.